K9 Fit Club – 30 Minute Woof Workouts!
Prior to each exercise there is a warm-up and a cool down.
- Spend a few minutes getting you and your dog ready for the workout.
- Power walk back and forth across the room for 1 minute.
- Perform high knees across the room and butt kicks back. Repeat for 10 time.
- Standing in place perform arm circles to warm up your shoulders while your dog stands next to you.
Let’s get started!
Rover’s Reverse Lunges with Paw
- Stand facing your dog. Your dog should be sitting.
- Perform a reverse lunge, at the bottom of each lunge ask your dog for their paw or “shake”.
- Release the dog’s paw as you return to standing.
- Repeat on the other side and see if your dog will give you their other paw. Repeat for 20 reps.
- *If your dog does not want to give you their paw 20 times, that’s ok, give them a pat on the head at the bottom of each lunge.
Sit and Stay Side Shuffles
- Perform a side shuffle back and forth across the room.
- Have your dog move with you. They should be in front of you facing the direction you are moving.
- Have them turn to face the other direction when you reach the end of the room while you stay in the same position.
- Repeat 10 time both directions.
Paws Push Ups
- Ask your dog to sit or lie down next to you while you perform push ups.
- Remember to keep your abs tight and head straight.
- Try to do a push up on your toes first then modify on your knees when needed.
- Do as many as you can to failure.
- Doggy Push Ups: Ask your dog to do 5 doggy push ups. Simply have them move between a sit and a down 5 times.
Waggin’ Wall Sit
- Perform wall sit with your back against a wall and your legs bent to 90 degrees or slightly higher.
- For beginners have your dog simply stand next to you during the wall sit.
- For a more advanced option you can hold your dog if they are small or if you have a large dog ask them to put their paws on your lap.
- The increased weight will be an extra challenge for you legs. Hold the wall sit for up to 1 minute.
Time to move!
- Perform high knees back and forth across the room with your dog walking or jogging next to you.
- Repeat for 1 minute
- Perform a plank on your toes or knees, make sure your elbows are aligned under your shoulders.
- Be sure to pull your belly button in super tight and keep breathing with a normal breath.
- Have your dog lie down next to you.
- Warning, you may get some kisses during your plank!
- Hold for up to 1 minute.
Repeat Circuit 2 more times for a total of 3 rounds.
Spend a few minutes doing a full body stretch and give your dog a nice rub down from head to toe.